Recent comments

Reply to: preserving DNG brightness on conversion to RGB   11 months 3 weeks ago

Thanks. I tried different combinations of the options in the list you linked, but no luck.
Can you point me to where I can access settings for Auto-ETTR in the source code?

Reply to: Color Information - Documentation   11 months 3 weeks ago

rgb_cam is used to construct camera to output RGB matrix: https://github.com/LibRaw/LibRaw/blob/master/src/postprocessing/postproc...

Cmatrix is the same, it may be copied to rgb_cam if corresponding params option is set and the matrix is not empty: https://github.com/LibRaw/LibRaw/blob/master/src/metadata/identify.cpp#L...

Reply to: dcraw_emu fails with OM-1   11 months 3 weeks ago

Spot on! 0-21 works perfectly.
Thanks!

Reply to: dcraw_emu fails with OM-1   11 months 3 weeks ago

Could you use a more recent LibRaw version?

You can run dcraw_emu without parameters, and also have a look at https://www.libraw.org/docs/Samples-LibRaw.html
On a side note, exposure is measured in lux seconds.

anything I can do via options in the binaries? Any pointers on where to start would be great. Thanks.

dcraw (and, so, LibRaw) standard processing is 'auto-ETTR', there are a lot of option to change it.

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 3 weeks ago

Does your software vendor tell you that your camera isn't supported because of LibRaw?
If so, have they tried to contact us?

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 3 weeks ago

> I’m assuming the next snapshot will add support for recently released cameras like Fuji X-T5, X-H2, Sony A7R5, etc
Please don't assume.

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 3 weeks ago

Sure, at our News section of this site.
For example: https://www.libraw.org/news/libraw-0-21

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 3 weeks ago

Are the release notes publicly accessible and do they offer a list of camera updates, by chance?

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 3 weeks ago

We plan to release 0.21-release this month.
Public snapshots are published every 7-9 months: https://www.libraw.org/#updatepolicy

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 3 weeks ago

Hello. Are you able to provide an estimate for when the next snapshot will be (I’m assuming the next snapshot will add support for recently released cameras like Fuji X-T5, X-H2, Sony A7R5, etc)?

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 4 weeks ago

I think you may suggest them to contact us, for a start...

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 4 weeks ago

1-4-6 beta definitely works. Does this mean that the GH6 .RW2 format will be supported in the next version? Is there an ETA on that?

If a company like Affinity is using LibRaw as a part of their developing engine, what can I do to let them know it is ready to be incorporated?

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 4 weeks ago

I get the error "File://( file name here) decoded with errors. Broken file or unsupported file format."

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 4 weeks ago

Dear Sir:

Does our RawDigger ( https://www.rawdigger.com ) open your files?

Reply to: LibRaw 202110 snapshot supported camera list   11 months 4 weeks ago

I am an avid user of Affinity Photo and I am told that Affinity Photo uses LibRaw as an essential element to the processing and development of RAW images. I recently purchased a Panasonic Lumix GH6 and was curious if this might be on the docket for updates to the .RW2 raw file processing? Affinity Photo was able to support earlier versions of the .RW2 format (I believe the Lumix GH5mII uses the same extension .RW2). If there is anything I can do to somehow contribute to getting camera or file data samples of the GH6 .RW2 files, I would be happy to spend the time.

Reply to: unexpected token `ZLIB,zlib,'   1 year 3 days ago

To get working autotools suite you need autoconf, automake, libtool and pkg-config installed.

Based on error message you provided, pkg-config is probably missing on your system

Reply to: unexpected token `ZLIB,zlib,'   1 year 3 days ago

Check your version of autoconf and compare to AC_PREREQ in aclocal.m4. Try re-installing autotools if something doesn't work.
On my focal 20.04 LTS, following https://www.libraw.org/docs/Install-LibRaw.html

$ apt-cache policy pkg-config
pkg-config:
  Installed: 0.29.1-0ubuntu4...
$ apt-cache policy automake
automake:
  Installed: 1:1.16.1-4ubuntu6...
$apt-cache policy libtool
libtool:
  Installed: 2.4.6-14...
$ autoconf -V
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69....
$ cd
$ git clone https://github.com/LibRaw/LibRaw.git
$ cd LibRaw
$ autoreconf --install
$ ./configure
$ make
$ bin/raw-identify
Usage: /home/ib/LibRaw/bin/.libs/raw-identify [options] inputfiles
Options:
	-v	verbose output
	-w	print white balance
	-u	print unpack function
	-f	print frame size (only w/ -u)
	-s	print output image size
	-h	force half-size mode (only for -s)
	-M	disable use of raw-embedded color data
	+M	force use of raw-embedded color data
	-L filename	read input files list from filename
	-o filename	output to filename
Reply to: unexpected token `ZLIB,zlib,'   1 year 3 days ago

FYI: I did not really solve it, but the 0.19 version works without problems!

Thanks again, Jan

Reply to: unexpected token `ZLIB,zlib,'   1 year 3 days ago

Yes, I checked that: automake-1.15

I will try to reinstall.

Thank you anyway for your quick reply!

Reply to: unexpected token `ZLIB,zlib,'   1 year 3 days ago

It looks like you have incomplete automake/pkg-config suite installed, see comments above.

You may use make -f Makefile.dist

Reply to: unexpected token `ZLIB,zlib,'   1 year 3 days ago

Sorry, I was confused. Repeated it so many times that I got a bit lost. Here is what happens:

./configure seems to work

make produces some warnings and errors:

configure.ac:16: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_SUBST
If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:41: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
make: *** [Makefile:651: configure] Fehler 1

ignoring these, sudo make install produces the aforementioned error:

configure: WARNING: libjasper not found
./configure: line 12807: syntax error near unexpected token `ZLIB,zlib,'
./configure: line 12807: ` PKG_CHECK_MODULES(ZLIB,zlib,'
make: *** [Makefile:648: config.status] Fehler 2