LibRaw 201910 snapshot
New LibRaw snapshot (201910) just pushed to our GitHub repository.
This version is upgradable from previous snapshot via usual git pull. If you're still using older version you may need to use forced update (git fetch/git reset).
Changes in short
Camera Format support
- Canon CR3
- GoPro (via GPR SDK)
- Panasonic 14-bit
- Fujifilm compressed/16bit
Camera support (+41, 1114 total)
- Canon: PowerShot G5 X Mark II, G7 X Mark III, SX70 HS, EOS R, EOS RP, EOS 90D, EOS 250D, EOS M6 Mark II, EOS M50, EOS M200
- DJI Mavic Air, Osmo Action
- FujiFilm GFX 100, X-A7, X-Pro3
- GoPro Fusion, HERO5, HERO6, HERO7
- Hasselblad L1D-20c, X1D II 50C
- Leica D-LUX7, Q-P, Q2, V-LUX5, C-Lux / CAM-DC25
- Olympus TG-6, E-M5 Mark III.
- Panasonic DC-FZ1000 II, DC-G90, DC-S1, DC-S1R, DC-TZ95
- PhaseOne IQ4 150MP
- Ricoh GR III
- Sony A7R IV, ILCE-6100, ILCE-6600, RX0 II, RX100 VII
- Zenit M
- and multiple smartphones (the tested ones are listed in LibRaw::cameraList)
Source code re-arranged
- dcraw.c is not used in the generation and build processes
- dcraw_common.cpp and libraw_cxx.cpp are split into multiple code chunks placed in separate subfolders (decoders/ for raw data decoders, metadata/ for metadata parsers, etc)
- dcraw_common.cpp and libraw_cxx.cpp remain to preserve existing build environments (these files are now just a bunch of #include directives).
- It is possible to build LibRaw
- without postprocessing functions (dcraw_process() and called function)
- without postprocessing and LibRaw::raw2image() call (and called function).
See Makefile.devel.nopp and Makefile.devel.noppr2i for the list of source files needed to build reduced/stripped library.
There is a huge number of identical cameras sold under different names, depending on the market (e.g. multiple Panasonic or Canon models) and even some identical cameras sold under different brands (Panasonic -> Leica, Sony -> Hasselblad).
To reduce clutter, a normalization mechanism has been implemented in
- char normalized_make; - primary vendor name (e.g. Panasonic for Leica re-branded cameras)
- char normalized_model; - primary camera model name
- unsigned maker_index; - primary vendor name in indexed form (enum LibRaw_cameramaker_index, LIBRAW_CAMERAMAKER_* constant).
These fields are always filled upon LibRaw::open_file()/open_buffer()
const char* LibRaw::cameramakeridx2maker(int index): converts maker_index to normalized_make.
We suggest that you use these normalized names in a variety of data tables (color profiles, etc.) to reduce the number of duplicate entries.
New vendor index values will be added strictly to the end of the LibRaw_cameramaker_index table, ensuring that the numbers assigned to vendors that
are already known to LibRaw will not change.
DNG frame selection
DNG frames selection code re-worked:
- by default all frames w/ the NewSubfileType tag equal to 0 (high-res image) are added to the list of available images (selection performed via imgdata.params.shot_select field, as usual)
- the special case for Fuju SuperCCD (SamplesPerPixel == 2) works as before: shot_select=1 will extract second sub-image.
- Additional flags to imgdata.params.raw_processing_options:
- LIBRAW_PROCESSING_DNG_ADD_ENHANCED - will add Enhanced DNG frame (NewSubfileType == 16) to the list of available frames
- LIBRAW_PROCESSING_DNG_ADD_PREVIEWS - will add previews (NewSubfileType == 1) to the list.
- By default, DNG frames are not reordered and are available in same order as in DNG (LibRaw traverses IFD/Sub-IFD trees in deep-first order).
- To prioritize the largest image, set LIBRAW_PROCESSING_DNG_PREFER_LARGEST_IMAGE bit in imgdata.params.raw_processing_options.
GoPro .gpr format support
GoPro format supported via open-source GPR SDK See README.GoPro.txt for details.
Windows support/Windows unicode (wchar_t*) filenames support(old) LibRaw's WIN32 external define split into 3 defines to fine tune compiler/api compatibility:
- LIBRAW_WIN32_DLLDEFS - use to compile DLLs (__dllimport/__dllexport attributes)
- LIBRAW_WIN32_UNICODEPATHS - indicates that runtime has calls/datatypes for wchar_t filenames
- LIBRAW_WIN32_CALLS - use Win32 calls where appropriative (binary mode for files, LibRaw_windows_datastream, _snprintf instead of snprintf, etc).
If not, these defines are defined based on compiler version/libc++ defines.
LibRaw::open_file(wchar_t*) is always compiled in under Windows, but if LIBRAW_WIN32_UNICODEPATHS (see above) is not defined, this call will return LIBRAW_NOT_IMPLEMENTED.
Use (LibRaw::capabilities() & LIBRAW_CAPS_UNICODEPATHS) on runtime to check that this call was really implemented (or check for #ifdef LIBRAW_WIN32_UNICODEPATHS after #include <libraw.h>)
tempbuffer_open(), subfile_open() are not used, so removed from LibRaw_abstract_datastream and derived classes.
- new flag LIBRAW_WARN_DNGSDK_PROCESSED to indicate decoder used
- Added support for zlib during configure
- Fixed multiple problems found by OSS-Fuzz
- Lots of changes in imgdata.makernotes (hope someone will document it)
- DNG SDK could be used (if enabled) to unpack multi-image DNG files.
- DNG whitelevel calculated via BitsPerSample if not set via tags.
- DNG: support for LinearDNG w/ BlackLevelRepeat.. pattern
- Generic Arri camera format replaced w/ list of specific camera models in supported cameras list.
- new samples/rawtextdump sample: allows one to dump (small selection) of RAW data in text format.
- +M/-M params (same as in dcraw_emu)
- -L <file-w-filelist> parameter to get file list from a file
- -m paramerer to use mmap'ed IO.
- -t parameter for timing
- samples/dcraw_emu: fixed +M handling
- better support for Nikon Coolscan 16-bit NEF files.
- Visual Studio project files: re-generated to .vcxproj (Visual Studio 2013+), different intermediate folders for different sub-projects to allow 1-step rebuild.
- imgdata.makernotes...cameraspecific: removed the vendor name prefix from variables.
- Bayer images: ensure that even margins have the same COLOR() for both the active sensor area and the full sensor area.
- raw processing flag bit LIBRAW_PROCESSING_CHECK_DNG_ILLUMINANT inverted and renamed to LIBRAW_PROCESSING_DONT_CHECK_DNG_ILLUMINANT. If not set, DNG illuminant will be checked.
- New libraw_decoder_t flags:
- LIBRAW_DECODER_FLATDATA - in-file data could be used as is (if byte order matches), e.g. via mmap()
- LIBRAW_DECODER_FLAT_BG2_SWAPPED - special flag for Sony ARQ: indicates R-G-G2-B channel order in 4-color data
- Camera-recorded image crop data is parsed into imgdata.sizes.raw_inset_crop structure:
- ctop,cleft,cwidth,cheight - crop size.
- aspect - LibRawImageAspects enum (3to2, 4to3, etc)
- New define LIBRAW_NO_WINSOCK2 to not include winsock2.h on compile